International Watermedia Competition
WASA is holding an online exhibition and contest open to all watermedia artists worldwide. We welcome: watercolor, acrylic, gouache, casein, & ink.
• Entry fees go toward CASH PRIZES.
• Cash prize for 1st place Artist category.
• Cash prize for 1st place Beginner category.
• Cash awards to be determined based on number of entries.
• Some awards will include art supplies from sponsors.
• All winners will receive printable certificates.
OPEN: Paint something that inspires you
Artwork can be any subject, genre, style, or size.
• Maximum of 3 entries per artist.
• Artwork must be created by hand using watermedia.
• Artwork may be any size.
• Artwork must be the artists’ original work.
• Must have permission to use others’ photos.
• Artwork cannot be a copy or derivative of another artwork.
• You may enter the Beginner category if you have less than 3 years experience AND have not yet had a solo exhibition. Everyone else should enter the Artist category. (Years in school or studying do not count in the 3 year limit.)
• Proof of payment must be emailed by the deadline for entries to be accepted. If this will be an issue, you may pay before entering.
• 1st August 2023 midnight (UTC +2).
• Artwork received after deadline will not be accepted.
• $10 for one entry, $20 for two entries, $27.50 for 3 entries
• WASA Members: R100 for one entry, R200 for two entries, R275 for three entries
• WASA Members not able to pay in Rand, please email here
• Artists in Southern Africa can join WASA here
• A panel of international judges will jury the exhibition.
• Artists will be notified of awards by email.
• Awards will be announced August 10th, 2023.
• Valid entries will be viewable in online exhibition on WatercolorArtSA.com and Facebook once payment has been confirmed.
• Award winners will be emailed a pdf certificate
• Top winners will be contacted to arrange prize payments/delivery.
• Your email is required so we may contact you but it will not be posted in the exhibition and WASA will not share it with anyone without your permission.
• By entering, artists grant permission to WASA to use their images for promoting the exhibition and announcing award winners both online and in print.
• Inquiries about purchasing artwork will be forwarded to the artist. WASA takes no commission.
Have you already entered and need to return to the payment page?
Find it HERE.
Want to view all the entries approved so far?